Hope this message finds you well and that you are as excited as we are about the 007 2Slow4Boston Marathon on September 20th, 2029. With less than 7 days to go before the event, we wanted to send you this pre-race update from Team Be @ Peace.
- Packet pickup will be available on Saturday day before from 11am to 6pm at 701 W Poinsett St, Greer SC 29650.
- Please use back parking lot and come around to the porch on front.
- A limited time for packet pickup will also be available the morning of the event from 6:30 to 7:00 am.
- A hotel list is available on the website and via a link on the facebook event page.
- Event parking will be at the Clock Restaurant across the street.
- The parking on the 701 property will be the start/finish/aid station area and it’s reserved for event activities.
- Important Please: Do NOT Park on the grass or the grassy field behind our property.
- If you are competing for award money, please read the Rules on the website to make sure that you understand how the race works.
- The race course consists of a 1.31 mile loop repeated 20 times (total 26.2). It will be well marked on the road and with signs. Please understand every device is different, therefore you may record a longer or shorter distance.
- There will be a single aid station located at the entrance to the property near the start/finish line. The hydration station will have water, Tailwind and sodas. Please bring your own bottle.
- In keeping up with social distancing guidelines, we will offer prepackage snacks (cookies, chips, trail mix, PB&J sandwiches, and avocado rollups) and we will have pizza delivered around noon. We will try to accommodate any special needs or request the best we can, however if you have concerns or prefer to bring your own, you are welcome to set up a small table or chair along the lawn or parking area with your supplies.
- During the race, please be mindful that the course is neighborhood roads.
- Although traffic will be light, please watch out for vehicles and stay to the left of the road facing traffic.
- Please keep noise down in the early morning hours of the race.
- It is important to keep the course clear of trash. We will have trash bins around the aid station and some neighbors may already have their trash bins out for next morning pickup.
- We will have a quick meeting to go over last minute details before the start of the event.
- The race will start promptly on Sunday, September 20th, 2020 at 7:30am.
- Your safety and wellbeing is our #1 priority!
- Please practice social distancing and wear your mask at the start of the race and any other time that you feel you need to!
If there is anything else I think about, I’ll email again before Saturday. Also, please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have by sending a me message using our contact form.
PS: Kuddos to the event sponsors that have helped us make this event possible:Run In, Angel Dolfyn Massage, Zenergy Hemp Shoppe, the Clock of Greer Restaurant, Artistik Dreamlife Design Studio, and 3CatsWeb.com.